When shooting a shotgun, you don't really have to aim--just point and shoot. Whether you hit what you're shooting at depends on how well you did your homework. "Patterning" your shotgun allows you to choose exactly the right brand of shells, size and type of shot and type of choke required for the game you're pursuing. Set yourself up 40 yards from a 30-inch circle target, and bring along several brands of shells in various shot sizes. Use some form of rest like sandbags on a table or a rolled up sleeping bag to help steady the shotgun. You must hold the gun and point it at the target exactly the same way every time you fire. Watch this how-to video for tips on shotgun patterning.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades